THERE ARE A NUMBER OF REASONS WHY CSRF IS A GREAT ORGANIZATION TO JOIN:
- We are a Canadian organization.
- We are internationally known as a reputable Canadian sexuality research group.
- We offer affordable membership and conference rates – especially for students.
- We offer unique opportunities to network with prominent Canadian researchers, clinicians, teachers, and authors.
- Our annual meetings highlight cutting edge sexuality research that is taking place in Canada.
YOU SHOULD CONSIDER JOINING CSRF IF…
- You are passionate about sexuality research
- You want to meet other professionals working in the field of human sexuality
- You want to learn about the work that other Canadian sex researchers are doing
- You want to share your research with other researchers
- You enjoy great discussions and debates
MEMBERSHIP IN CSRF CONFERS THE FOLLOWING:
- Membership in Canada's national organization of sex researchers, therapists, clinicians, and educators
- Reduced membership rates of registration at conferences sponsored by CSRF
- An annual Membership List, to aid in information exchange with other members
- Updates on Canadian Sexological Research through the CSRF Newsletter
- Opportunity to participate in the CSRF listserve
- Access to the International Journal of Sexual Health, the official journal for the World Association of Sexual Health (WAS)
- The ability to advertise research studies at no cost on the CSRF website
FULL MEMBERS shall be persons who possess an advanced degree from an accredited university in one of the biological, social sciences, education, or theology/pastoral studies. In addition, an active member is one who by virtue of their research, educational or clinical service activities demonstrates a commitment to the scientific pursuit of knowledge relating to sexuality. Outstanding contributions to the sciences related to sexuality may be considered in lieu of a degree as qualification for membership status. The annual membership feel for full members is $65.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERS shall be individuals who are recent graduates, post-doctoral fellows, or any new individual joining (who is not a student) who opt to join CSRF at this membership level (these individuals would also be eligible to join at Member status). Individuals may hold Associate Membership status for up to three consecutive years. At any time an Associate Member may return to Student Membership if he/she returns to study as described below. Benefits of Associate Membership may include reduced membership and conference registration fees. The annual membership fee for Associate Members is $40.
STUDENT MEMBERS shall be individuals registered (full or part-time) in an accredited academic or clinical training program of study leading to a bachelor’s, graduate, or professional (e.g., medicine, law, social work) degree who have received or are currently receiving training in sex education, sex research, sexual medicine, or sex therapy. Upon completion of their degree, students may choose to renew their membership in CSRF at Member or Associate Member status. The annual membership fee for Student Members is $40.
How To Become A CSRF Member
If you are applying for NEW membership, please complete the online form and then send along a curriculum vitae and letter(s) of reference (either one CSRF active member or two non-members) to the Executive Director (email address: email@example.com). All documentation for NEW membership should be forwarded to CSRF electronically.
Join us for another great year of CSRF membership! If you are already a member of CSRF, click here to renew your membership.