Call For Papers - 2017
Canadian Sex Research Forum Annual Meeting
October 19-21, 2017
Submission guidelines below
The Abstract Submission Deadline is May 12, 2017
Absttact submission is now closed. Submissions will be reviewed by the CSRF Conference Program Committee. Applicants will be notified of the Committee’s decision by June 2017. Submissions will be considered in the following categories:
- Oral Presentations: This will be a 15 minute oral presentation, followed by a 5 minute question and answer period, for a total of 20 minutes. Oral Presentations typically focus on a single study or program of research, or a synthesis of an area of research.
- Data Blitz: This popular, concise, fast-paced, exciting presentation will consist of exactly 5 slides and last exactly 5 minutes. Always a highly anticipated session! For more information and tips on putting together a good data blitz presentation, click here.
- Poster Presentations: Get up close and personal with your audience. This presentation is a great way to meet, mingle, and network with other CSRF members. Poster presentations typically focus on a single study but other content will be considered (e.g., research proposals, research synthesis, multiple studies). For more information on poster presentation guidelines, click here.
Abstracts for oral presentations must be submitted in English. Abstracts for poster presentations may be submitted in either English or French. Those who are selected to present posters may choose to present in English, French, or both (on a single poster). If you choose to present your poster in French, it is suggested (but not mandatory) that you provide an English translation of at least your abstract. Oral presentations will be in English. If you are unable or not comfortable presenting in English, please contact the Program Chair, Dr. Jonathan Huber, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the possibility of alternate arrangements.
Student Presentation Awards
A student presentation will be considered for a best presentation award if the student, as first author on the paper, indicates this preference at the time of submission. Only presentations of research results will be considered for the student award. Post-doctoral fellows and research assistants not enrolled in a post-secondary program at the time of the meeting do not qualify for student awards.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Oral presentation
- Data Blitz;
To qualify as a student submission, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must be a student in good standing, as defined by the CSRF by-laws, on the date of your presentation;
- Your supervisor must send an email verifying your student status to the Program Committee Chair, Jonathan Huber, at email@example.com prior to the abstract submission deadline;
- You must indicate your eligibility as a student on the online abstract submission form.
It is solely the responsibility of the student submitter to ensure the conditions above are met. Student presentations that do not meet the above criteria will not be eligible for student awards.
Acceptance of Responsibility: By submitting this proposal, you are agreeing that if it is accepted, you will present it or arrange for a qualified substitute to give it in your place. You acknowledge that you, and all co-presenters, will pay for the full conference registration fee should your proposal be accepted, and that travel, hotel, and other expenses you may incur related to the conference are your responsibility. CSRF will provide an LCD projector for each session. A single laptop will be used to facilitate switching between presentations.